Friday, February 17, 2012

a scene from the secret pilot featuring Seth Herzog

My Very Own TV Pilot

Hey friends. So, some of you may already know this -- I have been working on creating and have filmed my very own TV pilot. I can't reveal a lot of the details, nor can I show it publicly right now for certain specific reasons, of which the details would bore you. But I will say this -- I'm pretty happy with it and rather excited about it. It's based on my alter ego, "Jennifer Belsino" and it involves my guitar.

Now here's the best part -- you can also be involved! Yes, you, the one elbow deep in that Pringles container! I need your help. I need you, reader, supporter, peer, creative stranger, sibling, college pal, high school buddy, distant relative, Uncle Jamie, ex-band member, rando millionaire, guy who fixed my computer once -- all of you -- to dig deep down into your -- nope, not your wallets -- dig deep down into your brain's chewy caramel nougat-y center and THINK. Who do you know who wants to see this pilot? Do you have a friend who works in programming at a TV station? Do you have an ex dog walker who's mom's best friend once owned HBO? Did your grandpa used to write for All In The Family? Do you think maybe you might possibly know someone, but you're not exactly sure? US? UK? LA? NYC? Atlanta? I don't care. Any and all of those will do.

Please email me for the secret link to the video and send it to your friend. If you want to see this series on TV, I'm gonna need your help. I don't have enough money or enough high falutin' family members to do it on my own. Email me at jess delfino at gmail dot com.

And most importantly, thanks!! Your support and encouragement over the years is what has kept me going in this dismal, catty, snobby, uptight, competitive, mean, rude business, where people don't return your calls and act like they're too busy for you and slam doors in your face with every turn. Sometimes I even wonder why I'm still doing this. And then I think of you -- the person reading this blog right now. You are really and truly the reason why. I have folders of supportive and encouraging letters saying you love my work -- I've saved them all -- and so, as long as you love it, I'll keep doing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess, can't think of an email address of some high faulting bigwig to send your pilot too at the moment. Still, just wanted to wish you the best, and based on your tenaciously creative funny and fun loving soul, my bet's on you for coming through.

Jesse